Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you currently have access to the internet?
- Do you have access to or own a personal computer (see technical requirements)?
- Do you know how to access and browse the internet?
- Can you use Microsoft Office products (or open Office Products) such as Word and PowerPoint?
- Can you send emails and attach documents?
- Can you follow netiquette when completing assignments?
- Are you motivated to complete tasks on a structured schedule (avoid waiting until the last minute)?
- Can you complete coursework without direct supervision (work independently)?
- Are you able to process written instructions without verbal or visual direction?
- Do you have at least 15-18 hours a week (per course) to dedicate to your studies?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, you have the makings of being a successful online student.