Louisiana State University at Alexandria is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 300334097 or call 404-679-4000 for questions about the status of Louisiana State University at Alexandria. Additional information about the Commission can be found at http://www.sacscoc.org.
Note: The purpose of publishing the Commission's address and telephone number is to enable interested constituents to:
- Learn about the accreditation status of Louisiana State University at Alexandria;
- File a third-party comment at the time of Louisiana State University at Alexandria's decennial review;
- File a complaint against Louisiana State University at Alexandria for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Normal inquiries about Louisiana State University of Alexandria (i.e. about admissions requirements, financial aid, educational programs, records, etc.) should be addressed directly to the institution via email at email@example.com.
Online Program Approval and Accreditation
All online programs offered by LSU of Alexandria have been approved through on-campus processes, the LSU Board of Supervisors, and the Louisiana Board of Regents. In addition to regional accreditation, the following degrees have program specific accreditation.
BS Business Administration
- The Department of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP), 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213 (www.acbsp.org)
BS Medical Laboratory Science
- The Department of Allied Health is currently seeking accreditation for the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science from the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119 (www.naacls.org); telephone (773) 714-8880; FAX 773-714-8886). Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to seek national certification through completion of the national certification examination.
BS Nursing (ASN to BSN)
- The Baccalaureate Degree Program in Nursing (RN-BSN) is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Rd NE Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326; Phone (404) 975-5000; www.acenursing.org
The most recent decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioner for the ASN and RN-BSN nursing programs is Continuing Accreditation.
- The program is also approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN), 17373 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70810, telephone 225-755-7576, fax 225-755-7564, www.lsbn.state.la.us.