Each semester IET Services
offers a course that prepares and certifies faculty and staff to teach online. The course, which lasts seven consecutive weeks, focuses on best practices, communication, and developing online content. For more information about this course, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week 1: Instructional Strategies
- Faculty will learn about effective online pedagogy strategies as well as the seven principles for technology implementation
- Week 2: Best Practices
- With this week, faculty will study online teaching strategies presented by the Hanover Research Council. Also feature, support articles to enhancing online content delivery.
- Week 3: Moodle
- For those that are new to Moodle, or just need a refresher, this week will be your favorite. We will be reviewing different elements that are available in Moodle.
- Week 4: Educational Technology
- We will work with Educational Technology applications that can be used to enhance your content.
- Week 5: Course Design
- Believe it or not, there is a strategy on how your content is presented. This week's materials will guide you in outlining, designing, and rethinking how your course should look to your students.
- Week 6: Effective Communication
- Communication can be the weakest link whether you are in a face-to-face or online course. We will be studying about communication methods that can enhance and increase the effectiveness of our interactions with our online students.
Click here to view a list of certified faculty
- Week 7: Final Project
- This will be a summation of all the activities and methods we have discussed. Faculty will be creating elements in a test class that will allow them to apply the skills they have learned throughout the term.