Applying for Financial Aid
LSU Alexandria's code for the FAFSA is 002011
- All students who are admitted to LSUA are considered for scholarships. The priority deadline for applications to be considered for scholarships for the Fall semester is December 1 of the previous year.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This federal application will qualify you for any grants, loans, or other financial benefits.
- Apply at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. Be sure to include LSUA's school code: 002011.
- If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 318-473-6423 for an appointment.
- LSUA should receive your information within three weeks of an electronic submission of the FAFSA. Once we receive your information, you will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office.
**Students enrolled in 100% online programs are not eligible for scholarships.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Students must make satisfactory academic progress to receive federal financial aid (grants, loans, or federal work-study funds).; View the full Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here. This policy includes:
- Student's cumulative GPA must be at or above a 2.0.
- Students must have earned 67% of the total credits they have attempted at any post-secondary education institution whose credits are accepted as transfer at LSU Alexandria.
- Students cannot attempt more than 150% of the required credits for their desired degree. Courses that have been withdrawn (received a grade of W) and bankrupted count in total attempted hours.
Students who do not meet these requirements may submit an appeal to the financial aid appeals committee.
For more information regarding the financial aid process, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 318-473-6423 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.