These tables summarize estimated expenses for full-time students for one regular semesters. For a complete breakdown of costs visit Tuition & Fees Breakdown page.:
Types of Financial Aid
- Scholarships - money provided to you through individual sources such as businesses or universities. Scholarships are usually given based on academic or leadership performances. This is gift aid and does not need to be repaid.
- Grants - money provided by federal or state government to be used for educational purposes. This money is gift aid and does not need to be repaid.
- Loans - money provided by lenders to help you attend college. This money will need to be repaid upon graduation or at the time you choose to stop attending college.
Applying for Financial Aid:
- All students who are admitted to LSUA are considered for scholarships. The priority deadline for application to be considered for scholarships for Fall semester is December 1 of the previous year.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a federal application that will qualify you for any grants, loans, or other financial benefits. You can apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please include LSUA’s school code: 002011. If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, please contact the Enrollment Management Office at 318-473-6423 for an appointment.
LSU Alexandria’s code for the FAFSA is 002011
- LSUA should receive your information within 3 weeks of an electronic submission of the FAFSA. Once we receive your information, you will receive a letter from our Enrollment Management office. You may need to provide our office with additional information. If you do, please return the requested information as soon as possible so that we can process your financial aid request.
**Students enrolled in 100% online programs are not eligible to receive scholarships.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
In order to receive federal financial aid (grants, loans, or federal work study funds), students must make satisfactory academic progress. View the full Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here. This policy includes:
- Student's cummulative GPA must be at or above a 2.0.
- Student must have earned 70% of the total credits they have attempted at any post-secondary education institution whose credits are accepted as transfer at LSU Alexandria.
- Student cannot attempt more than 150% of the credits required for the degree they are seeking. Courses that have been withdrawn (received a grade of W) AND courses that have been bankrupted count in total attempted hours.
Students who do not meet these requirements may submit an appeal to the financial aid appeals committee.
For more information regarding the financial aid process, please contact the Enrollment Management office at 318-473-6423 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and/or fees are subject to change without prior notice. Laboratory courses and activity courses are assessed additional fees. The above fees include an energy surcharge of $4.50 per credit hour. The energy surcharge of $4.50 per credit hour will also be assessed for each hour over 12 that the student registers for.