Applying for Financial Aid
LSU Alexandria's code for the FAFSA is 002011
- All students who are admitted to LSUA are considered for scholarships. The priority deadline for application to be considered for scholarships for Fall semester is December 1 of the previous year.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a federal application that will qualify you for any grants, loans, or other financial benefits.
- Apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov, be sure to include LSUA's school code: 002011.
- If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, please contact the Enrollment Management Office at 318-473-6423 for an appointment.
- LSUA should receive your information within 3 weeks of an electronic submission of the FAFSA. Once we receive your information, you will receive a letter from our Enrollment Management office.
**Students enrolled in 100% online programs are not eligible to receive scholarships.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
In order to receive federal financial aid (grants, loans, or federal work study funds), students must make satisfactory academic progress.; View the full Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here. This policy includes:
- Student's cumulative GPA must be at or above a 2.0.
- Student must have earned 70% of the total credits they have attempted at any post-secondary education institution whose credits are accepted as transfer at LSU Alexandria.
- Student cannot attempt more than 150% of the credits required for the degree they are seeking. Courses that have been withdrawn (received a grade of W) AND courses that have been bankrupted count in total attempted hours.
Students who do not meet these requirements may submit an appeal to the financial aid appeals committee.
For more information regarding the financial aid process, please contact the Enrollment Management office at 318-473-6423 or e-mail email@example.com.