Connect with the LSUA Career Center to engage with students and learn best practices for recruiting at LSUA. The Career Center provides you with the opportunity to recruit ad hire smart, talented and motivated students who are prepared to meet the diverse demands of local regional and national organizations. Recruit high-quality students who are the right fit for you.
We encourage you to build your brand awareness early with frequent presence and positive engagement on campus. Please review our on-campus recruiting opportunities and don’t hesitate to reach out to us to discuss how we can best help you connect with Louisiana State University of Alexandria students- Central Louisiana future leaders.
The Career Center hosts several career fairs annually. Registration and additional details can be found on the Career Fair webpage as information becomes available.
- LSUA Career Fair
- Connect with students across all disciplines in the spring fair typically held in March.
- Part-Time Job Fair
- Recruit students for non-technical, part-time local jobs in the Central Louisiana area. This fair is for employers who have multiple job opportunities available. This fair is held in September and late January.
- College Fairs
- These fairs are held throughout the Fall and Spring semesters and hosted with the various departments and majors.
Handshake at LSUA is the free online recruitment system used across the Louisiana State University of Alexandria campus for job and internship postings.
You must create an account and be approved in order to post a position.
As an approved employer in Handshake, you also can:
- Register for career fairs at LSUA
- Search for and message talent that meets your qualifications
- Manage on-campus interviews
- Request to host virtual and/or in-person events and information sessions
How to Register
- Visit Handshake at LSUA.
- Register under “Employers” click on “Create your account here”.
- Follow the prompted quick and simple steps to complete your registration.
- For timely employer approval, please use your company email address.
- If you use a generic email address (@gmail, @yahoo, etc.) there is a longer vetting process.
- Once registered, campus staff will review your company for approval. Upon approval, your job/internship postings will automatically be approved and posted to LSUA’s Handshake.
- Need help?
- Handshake has a robust Help Center. If you have questions or want to explore Handshake more, visit the Help Center.
Hiring on Handshake
- Navigate to LSUA Handshake.
- Login as an employer.
- Click on the open job.
- Click Review Applicants.
- From there you can search through all the applicants who have applied to the jobs.
- Each applicant should upload the application and their resume.
- If you find an applicant or applicants you like, call or email to setup an interview.
- Post Interview:
- Change their status from reviewed to either ‘Hired’ or ‘Declined’
The Career Center, in collaboration with career engagement and academic affairs, facilitates opportunities that connect students and employers. We have established policies that adhere to legal and ethical standards of the University and our profession.
We abide by the Principles for Employment Professionals of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) for policies and procedures regarding recruiting, equal employment and experiential activities. We have also established specific policies and guidelines that are specific to our campus.
Phone: (318) 473-6561
Schedule an Appointment
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria, LA 71302