LSUA has some of the lowest cost programs in Louisiana and also has a comprehensive transfer policy to ensure students receive the most credit allowable for their prior educational work.
Students declared in the 100% online accelerated programs (all courses in 7-week cycles) are eligible for the online rates listed below. The tuition and required fees results in a cost of approximately $325 per credit hour
Please see the note below the chart regarding proctored exams in some classes.
All courses in 100% online degree programs carry the same cost of $325 per credit hour (including tuition and fees)
Tuition cost is $267 per credit hour
Specific fee costs show below.
- $20 Application Fee. One time only.
- Course Fee:
- $50 per course. Online Program Fee.
The Online Program fee is used for funding services directly related to the online programs including online tutoring, academic assistants, faculty training, and course development.
- Per Credit Hour Fees:
- $10/credit hour: Academic Excellence Fee
- $14/credit hour: Student Excellence Fee
- $ 5/credit hour: Technology Fee
- $12/credit hour: Athletic Fee
- Additional fees may apply for proctored exams in specific classes. Textbooks or access to publisher sites are not included in the above fees. Cost information is available at the time of registration. LSUA reserves the right to increase fees at any time
Some classes (not all) require that students take ‘proctored’ or ‘monitored’ exams. Faculty will determine the best proctoring service/option for their classes
- ProctorU: Exams can be scheduled with ProctorU (an online proctoring service). ProctorU fees must be paid at the time the test is scheduled. Rates depend on the length of exam set by the professor. LSUA students pay a $15 fee for exams regardless of duration. Exams must be scheduled at least 72 hours in advance or additional fees apply. Students must have a web cam and a wired Internet connection and a PC or Mac Computer/Laptop. Chromebooks cannot be used for testing with ProctorU. The bookstore is carrying access cards for students wishing to purchase access with financial aid. The cards do have a markup for the bookstore.
- MonitorEdu: Some exams can be taken through MonitorEDU. The fee is paid at the time the test is taken. No appointment is required, however some classes may test at a specific date and time. Students need a Smartphone, plugged in to charger, and placed so that the test taker and the computer can be seen. Mobile Proctor Exams are $13 per test.
For additional information on programs, visit the Online Programs page.
Please note: Students declared in 100% online accelerated degree programs are not eligible for institutional scholarships due to the reduced tuition for those programs.