Dr. Beverly Alwell has excelled in diverse fields, leaving an indelible mark in each domain. After owning a successful hair salon for fourteen years, she embarked on a remarkable career in the Credit Union industry, rapidly ascending the ranks. Alongside her managerial roles, she mentored and trained new credit union managers and hosted training sessions for the Louisiana Credit League for Non-Profits. With a commitment to personal growth, she obtained a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and an MBA in Accounting. Recently, she achieved a significant milestone by completing her Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) from Liberty University in Accounting. Dr. Alwell's multifaceted journey and dedication to education make her a true inspiration in her field.
Dr. Kent Lachney, CPA, serves as Chair and Associate Professor of Accounting at Louisiana State University of Alexandria. He received a DBA in Accounting from Liberty University and an MBA in Management from Louisiana Tech University. He has extensive accounting and management experience in in public accounting, industry, and non-profit organizations. Dr. Lachney has published in the Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting as well as presented at American Accounting Association Forensic Accounting Research conferences. His research interest includes fraud, accounting education, and tax. Currently, he serves on the Board of Directors of the Food Bank of Central Louisiana as Chairman. He is a member of the Louisiana Society of CPAs and serves on the Board of Directors of the Central Louisiana Chapter of CPAs as well as a member of the LCPA Accounting Education Issues Committee. He enjoys traveling, family events, and reading historical fiction. He has been married over 45 years and has two granddaughters.
Dr. Adena LeJeune is a Certified Public Accountant in Louisiana. She earned Bachelor of Science and Master of Professional Accountancy degrees from Louisiana Tech University and a PhD in Business Administration with a concentration in Financial Management from Northcentral University. In 1998 she passed all parts of the CPA exam on the first attempt and received an award for the 3rd highest scores in the state. After gaining experience in public accounting and as Finance Director of a not-for-profit organization, she entered the field of higher education in 2002. Dr. LeJeune is a member of the Louisiana Society of CPAs (LCPA), the American Institute of CPAs, and the American Accounting Association. She has served as an officer and board member of the Central Louisiana Chapter of the LCPA as well as on statewide committees. She has been a member of the Accounting Education Issues Committee for the LCPA since 2004 and assists in planning the Accounting Educators’ Workshop each year. With academic interests in the areas of accounting and finance, Dr. LeJeune has published several articles in academic journals.
· Nineteen years experience in teaching a wide variety of IS core courses at the undergraduate level, including System Analysis and Design, Database System, IT Strategy and Policy, Data Communications and Networking, Fundaments of Information Systems, E-Commerce, IS Theories and Practices, etc..
· Eight years of professional experience in the airline industry
· Published in the Journal of Computer Information Systems, Journal of Teaching and Learning with Technology and International Accounting and Information Management,
and proceedings of academic conferences such as the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Annual Security Conference, and Annual Meeting of Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) and Southwest Decision Science Institute.
Research Interest: IS strategy, IT adoption, IS security, Cross-Cultural IT Management
Personal Interest: Travel, Reading and Tennis.
· Ph. D. in Information Systems, School of Business, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA. May, 2009.
· M.S. in Computer Information Systems, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, 2003
Minor: Decision Sciences
· B.A. in English, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 1993
· Louisiana State University of Alexandria, Alexandria, LA, 2019-present Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems 2014-2019 Assistant Professor of CIS
· Grambling State University, Grambling, LA, 2009- 2014, Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems
· University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, 2008-2009 Instructor
· Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 2004-2008, Teaching Assistant and Adjunct Faculty
· Air China, Southwest Company, China, 1993 – 2000 Manager, 1998 - 2000