1. Setup Your myLSUA Account
- Navigate to http://lsua.it/accountsetup and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you set your password, log in to the myLSUA login page.
The myLSU Portal gives you access to all the following: (some systems require additional login; you have the same username and password for all systems.)
2. Submit your Proof of Immunization
Newly admitted on-campus students are required to submit Proof of Immunization to be able to register for classes.
- Log into myLSUA
- To the right-hand side, locate the Immunization Submission box.
- Upload Proof of Immunization Documents or Submit an Immunization Waiver Form.
- Only one document can be uploaded. If you have multiple documents, you can take a picture of each and then put them in a single Word document.
- Image files (JPEG, PNG) are also acceptable.
3. Meet with Your Advisor
For newly admitted freshmen, your advisor will contact you soon to schedule an appointment. You may also view their contact information and schedule an appointment through myLSUA
- Log into myLSUA
- Locate the Advisor information box
- Schedule appointment
4. Register for Classes
Once you’ve been advised and approved for registration by your Advisor, you may register for classes.
5. Apply for Housing or Complete a Request for Housing Exemption
6. Sign-up for Orientation
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and list LSUA as your institution (002011).
- Monitor the progress of financial aid through NetPartner in myLSUA. Complete and return any missing documents to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible so that aid can be applied to your account promptly.
- Accept financial aid as soon as NetPartner says that financial aid has been processed and is ready for acceptance. You will receive an email through your LSUA email when your aid is ready for
- Set up a Payment Plan through myLSUA once your schedule is made and if your financial aid award is insufficient to cover tuition and fees. The earlier a payment plan is made, the lower the monthly payment.
8. Parking Decal
- You may obtain your parking decal on your Orientation day or during regular business hours at Auxiliary Services (Abrams Hall 113).
9. LSUA ID Card
Incoming freshmen will receive their LSUA ID on their Orientation day. Please follow the instructions below to submit the appropriate documentation to Auxiliary Services and ensure your ID is ready on Orientation Day.
- Log into myLSUA.
- On the top menu, click the dropdown arrow on the far right.
- Click Profile.
- Select “Change Picture” and upload your picture.
- Pictures must meet the following criteria:
- Passport style, color, and taken in the last six months
- Properly focused image quality
- Full face and shoulders only from a forward/straight angle
- Solid white or lightly colored background that contains NO patterns or textures
- Appropriate lighting; no borders or shadows
- No head covering accessories (hats, decorative scarfs, sunglasses, etc. Religious head coverings are permitted)
- Check the box “Send to OaKard Office to use on your OaKard
- Submit the following documents to Auxiliary Services (email@example.com ) via a single email:
- Proof of Enrollment (a copy/screenshot of your schedule from Self-Service will suffice)
- A photocopy/scan of your valid government-issued identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Include your LSUA ID number. (Found in Self-Service\Profile Tab\Account Information. Put a P in front and exclude dashes – e.g., P00012345).
10. Purchase Textbooks
You will be given the option to purchase textbooks immediately after you register or at a later time using one of the options below.
- Log in to http://my.lsua.edu
- Click the Student Menu at the top right
- Click Purchase Textbooks
- Choose the Term (i.e., Fall, Spring, Summer, ELearn1, or ELearn2)
- Click Submit
Directly through the bookstore link:
- Go to http://lsua.bncollege.com/.
- Hoover over Course Materials & Textbooks.
- Click Find Materials for Course(s). The information will display:
- Exactly what is required and what is optional (some courses require access codes)
- Multiple options to rent, purchase, get paper, or digital – whatever options the publisher has.
- Students can use financial aid to purchase textbooks if it is processed (viewable in NetPartner from the MyLSUA page)
Students are responsible for having the correct text and edition of the textbook by the first day of class. If you utilize outside vendors to purchase textbooks, ensure that you purchase the correct textbook by matching the ISBN number.