LSUA Exchange Visitor Program Overview
LSUA’s Exchange Visitor Program offers students the opportunity to expand their academic experiences in other countries and explore the world.
This Spring 2020, we are inviting LSUA students to participate in a two-week trip to China. The participating students will stay at Qufu Normal University in China’s Shandong province and will have opportunities to travel and visit historic sites
both within and outside the province. During their time at the university, LSUA students will be able to attend several cultural classes, such as Chinese language, calligraphy, music, martial arts and participate in events and activities on the university
Note: Travel to Qufu Normal University, China from May 25 - June 11, 2020 are the tentative travel dates.
The Program Objectives are listed below:
- To promote international education and cultural exchange between the people in the United States and other countries.
- To foster a genuine appreciation for different perspectives and an understanding of cultural differences.
- To inspire students to discover their maximum potential, develop connections and lifelong memories with the people and places we visit.
- To expand opportunities for professional networking and promote LSUA globally.
- Complete the online application form.
- Send a letter of recommendation from an LSUA administrator, faculty member, staff member, or student organization advisor to the Coordinator of International Programs, Nina Cox, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application deadline is November 22, 2019.
- The delegates will be interviewed and selected by a committee, which will include members of the administration, faculty, and staff.
- Students who are selected for participation will be required to enroll in a three-hour seven-week course (ENGL 2030) that will take place in the second half of the spring 2020 semester (class begins March 9, 2020). A full-time student
who is enrolled at least 12 credit hours in SP2020 will not be charged additional tuition for this travel course.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be a degree-seeking student at LSUA, and plan to complete a degree at LSUA NO EARLIER than May 2021.
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours, and be currently enrolled as a full-time student at LSUA.
- Preferred: have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Be able to travel between May 18 and June 18, 2020. (the tentative travel date is May 25 to June 12, 2020)
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Commit to contribute at least $1,100 from personal funds to cover the overall cost of your participation in the trip. If your application is accepted, you will need to make this payment to LSUA by April 1, 2020.
- Preferred: be an active member of an LSUA Student Organizations and/ or have experience in volunteering in the community.
- Be recommended by a member of LSUA administration, faculty, or staff. A letter of recommendation is required.
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential and a genuine appreciation for different perspectives and individuals with different backgrounds, interests, and ambitions.
- Be able to adjust to and respect cultural and religious differences.
- Be willing to promote LSUA’s International Programs and share experiences about studying abroad with other LSUA students for at least one year after your return.
- Have a U.S passport (for US Citizens) or an International Passport (for international students) which is valid at least until December 31, 2020 or be responsible for applying for a new passport.
- Be willing to apply and pay $200 for a visa to China.
Please note that the possibility of participation in this program is subject to change based upon the availability of funding and travel restrictions.
Click the button below to fill out and submit an application.
LSUA Exchange Visitor Application Form