Graduates must complete this survey before December 13, 2019.
Graduates should arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. dressed in cap and gown.
There is a considerable amount of walking and standing for graduates on commencement day; this should be taken in to consideration when choosing shoes for the ceremony.
There will be no space available for storage of personal items during the ceremony. Any valuables or personal items should be left with family members prior to arriving.
The University is not responsible for any personal items left unattended.
Only graduates should meet in a designated area to line-up for the processional. LSUA personnel will be available to provide specific directions to the designated area.
LSUA employees will ensure that students are lined up in the correct order in a double file line for the processional onto the coliseum floor.
Commencement is a ceremonious occasion honoring important educational accomplishments. Decorum and courtesy are important to you and your family, as well as, your fellow graduate and their families.
- Once seated, all participants are expected to stay until the conclusion of the ceremony which is marked by the graduate recessional.
- Adherence to the University’s alcohol policy is expected.
- Cell phones and other electronic equipment are not allowed.
- Candidates should notify a staff member if there is a need to leave the coliseum floor during the ceremony.
- The coliseum floor will be cleared at the conclusion of the ceremony. All graduates should plan to meet their guests outside the coliseum after picking up their diplomas at the designated area.
Seating of Graduates
All diplomas will be mailed directly to the student, please ensure that your mailing address is up to date.
To update your mailing address, please log into Self-Service from the MyLSUA page, click the "My Profile" tab, and click the "Addresses" menu to change your mailing address.
Diplomas will be mailed out by:
Fall - End of January
Spring - End of June
Summer - End of September
**Please note if your account has any type of hold, the diploma will not be mailed until that hold is cleared.
Latin Honor Cords
Graduates earning Latin Honor Chords will be given their cords at the Graduate Dinner on Tuesday, May 7 at 5:30pm in the Brumfield Caffey Annex Ballroom. Graduates not able to attend the dinner will be given their cords at the check-in areas on the morning of Commencement.