Spotlights

Grace Farmer

by Baron Creighton | Jun 26, 2013

• Hometown: Anacoco, Louisiana
  • Classification: Senior
  • Major: Communications

Why did you choose your major?

I chose Communications because I enjoy being around people and I wanted to be in a field where I could interact with people. I also want to feel comfortable and enjoy my career.

How have you benefited from Financial Aid and Scholarships from LSUA?

Financial aid has been a great benefit to me because I’m a single mom with 2 children. The scholarships I received were also helpful as well. Both of these combined have allowed me to attend school full-time and not have to worry about providing for my family.

How do you handle being a parent and attending college?

It’s a struggle sometimes because you have to focus on being a mom as well as being a full-time student. I think that as long as you’re focusing on what you’re doing at the time, and you’re giving it your undivided attention, you can be successful at both.

Tell us about your experience as being a non-tradition student:

I am proof that a non-traditional student at LSUA can be successful. I would encourage all students, whether non-traditional or traditional, to attend and support LSUA as well as the local community.

What does “Your future is our future” mean to you?

It means that LSUA provides future educational opportunities for the surrounding community as well as all parts of the state. It benefits the local community by encouraging students from all across Louisiana to attend LSUA. LSUA looks out for your future while you, as a student, are directly supporting LSUA’s future; it’s a win-win situation.