Spotlights

Arthur Lewis

by Baron Creighton | Jun 26, 2013

• Hometown: Vidalia, Louisiana
  • Classification: Sophomore
  • Major: Psychology/English

Why did you choose Psychology as a Major?

I like the idea of getting to know a person’s behavior by the things they do, say, or the way they act.

What are your future academic plans?

I would like to continue my education by receiving a master’s degree. I would really like to be a therapist or a guidance counselor at a school. I want to teach the kids the right thing and help them do well in life.

Why did you decide to reside at the Oaks?

I chose to live on campus after learning of the apartment complex that is conveniently located on campus. I live an hour and thirty minutes away and living on campus helps a lot; especially with gas prices being so high. Living at the The Oaks feels like being at home. I also enjoy being able to walk to class every day.

What is one of your favorite events at LSUA?

I like going to movie night. We get to just relax with friends, eat popcorn, and enjoy watching movies. The events on campus provide us an opportunity to meet other students, which is great.

How will receiving a degree from LSUA prepare you for life after you graduate?

College has taught me to be more responsible. For example, not having to depend on anyone but myself to wake up when it’s time for me to go to an 8:00 a.m. class. If you’re really determined you can make a great start and have a successful college experience at LSUA.

What has been one of your favorite classes?

My favorite class this semester is English Composition. It is a night class, which is very convenient for me. We are able to get a lot accomplished during each class meeting.