LSUA SNA is open to all pre-nursing and nursing students. Our purpose is to enhance nursing education through mentoring and community service, as well as promoting social and professional development.
SNA members convey standards, ethics and skills that students need to become responsible and accountable leaders and members of the profession of nursing. SNA members are advocates for high quality, evidence based, affordable and accessible health care. They also advocate for and contribute to advances in nursing education.
SNA members are nursing students who are prepared to lead the profession in the future.
There are many benefits of being a member of LSUA SNA/NSNA/LASN:
- Scholarship opportunities
- Discounts on school supplies, books, scrubs, malpractice insurance hotels and car rentals
- Study Help from other members
- Broadening knowledge of the nursing profession
- Opportunities that will help with preparation for the future
- Sharing the experience with others that are like-minded
- Have a sense of belonging and support
- Career Building
- Graduation Cords
- Participate in several professional conventions: LASN conventions, NSNA
- Annual/MidYear/Leadership Conventions
- Have a voice and the power to change
- Assess to Professional Role Models
- Leadership Opportunities
- Community Service/Outreach Opportunities
- Automatic monthly subscription of Imprint (NSNA’s official magazine)
- Free online portfolio management
How do you become a part of this elite group?
Step 1: Go to www.nsnamembership.org and join.
Step 2: Email email@example.com with NSNA membership number.
Once you've become a member you will get information on upcoming meetings, events, community service projects, and fundraisers.