How to get Enrolled
To enroll in a college level class at LSUA...
- Complete an LSUA Application for Admission, see Applying for Admissions.
Students should apply as a PREP student.
- Pay $20 Application Fee
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Course Application form
- have course application signed by School Counselor,
- have course application signed by Parent,
- have course application signed by Student
- Sign the consent and memorandum of understanding on the Dual Enrollment Course Application. Courses that will be paid by parent must also initial next to each course that will be paid for by the family (on the course page of the Dual Enrollment Course Application)
High School Representatives Must
- Complete the appropriate portion of the Dual Enrollment Course Application indicating the course(s) the student wishes to enroll and the appropriate semester.
- Identify whether high school or family will pay for the specific course
- Provide ACT scores for all students participating in Dual Enrollment.
- Collect all Dual Enrollment Course Applications for students taking the course(s) on the high school campus. Contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 318-473-6508 and inform the office that the applications are ready for pick-up. An LSUA Admissions representative will pick these up from the high school.
- Coordinate confirmation of all LSUA Rosters of classes taught at the high school each semester.
The following are academic calendar dates for all students including Early Start students that meet on campus. Courses offered in the High School will follow the high school calendar but must meet the payment and withdrawal deadlines listed below. Fall semester the high schools may start two to three weeks before on campus classes begin.
Some schools are on block schedules. If you are taking a class on a block schedule you will follow the A session dates for the first half of the semester (fist and third nine weeks) and follow the B session dates for the second half of the semester (second and fourth nine weeks). If you are taking a full session course you will follow the full session dates.
- August 23: Payment due date for Early Start: Must have a payment plan or authorized school payment for billing.
- August 26: First Day of Class (on campus classes) - A Session or Full Session
- September 4: A Session (first nine weeks): final date to withdraw without receiving a grade of 'W' and no financial penalty
- September 13: Full Session final date to withdraw without receiving a grade of 'W' and no financial penalty
- September 23: A Session: Final date for withdrawing courses. Will show grade of 'W' on transcript. All tuition fees apply.
- October 16: First Day of Class B Session (second nine weeks)
- October 24: B Session final date to withdraw without receiving a grade of 'W' and no financial penalty
- November 1: Full Session final date for withdrawing courses. Will show grade of 'W' on transcript. All tuition fees apply.
- November 19: B Session final date for withdrawing courses. Will show grade of 'W' on transcript. All tuition fees apply
- End of term to be determined...(LSUA ends prior to HS - working with counselors and school board to determine dates)