Frequently Asked Questions

Registrar FAQ

  • How do I request my transcript? Is there a fee?

    You may request your academic transcript:

    1. In person.  We are located in Oakland Hall. Please note all transcripts requested in person must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. in  order for payment to be processed.
    2. By fax.  A pdf copy of the academic transcript request is available at  Click on the Academic tab and then select transcript request.  The form may be faxed to (318) 473- 6418
    3. Online.  Go to and complete a request. Please pay the $6.00 online fee.

    No fee is charged for unofficial transcripts but a written request is still required.  The standard transcript fee is $3.00 per transcript.  If you make an online request, the fee is $6.00 per transcript.  Fees may be paid iperson, online or by mail.  If you are sending payment by mail, please do not mail cash.  Only checks or money orders will be accepted.  For fax payments, please allow 24 hours for our office to contact you for payment.  Please allow 3 to 5 business days for all official transcripts to be processed.  Your transcript will not be released until all financial obligations to the University are cleared with a zero balance. 

  • I need verification that I'm enrolled in school. What do I need to do?

    The Records Office can provide verification of student enrollment. A written request or enrollment verification form should be submitted to the Records Office. An enrollment verification form is located in the Records Office.

  • My last name has changed. What do I need to do?

    You must complete a Name Change form located in the Records Office and provide a valid Driver's License or SSN# card to make this change. NOTE:  Please allow 5 business days for your name change to be updated into Power Campus

  • I moved and my address and phone number have changed. What steps do I need to take to change this information?

    If you are a currently enrolled student you may update your address or phone number change in Self Service.  Once you log in just go to MY PROFILE tab and submit the new changes. NOTE: Only one submission is required and any changes submitted will be automatically updated within 1 or 2 business days.

  • How do I request a copy of my student record?

    Under FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, each student has the right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days from the day the University receives a request for access. Students should submit an official, written request or the FERPA form to the Records Office that identifies the record(s) they wish to inspect. The FERPA form is located in the Records Office. The Registrar will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. Picture ID or Passport is required for viewing. Documentation of the specific record requested can be provided upon receipt of the FERPA request form. 

     NOTE:  All Transcripts or ACT scores are considered unofficial and must be requested through the proper entity if an official record is required.      

  • I'm a student attending LSUA this semester, but have decided to take a class at another institution as well. What do I need to do?

    If you are a currently enrolled student , please obtain an Application for Cross Enrollment form at the Records Office.  This application must be approved by the student's Department Chair prior to enrolling in the courses at the transfer institution.  The approved form is retained by the student's department.

    If the student is cross enrolled at another institution for the semester in which he/she is going to graduate, a copy of the approved Cross Enrollment form must be submitted to the Records Office. 

  • I'm a transfer student. When will my transfer transcript be evaluated?

    When we receive your transcript in the Records Office it is our goal to have it evaluated within  1-2 business days. Some transcripts require a course ruling from a Department Chair to determine transfer equivalency. Please allow additional time if a course ruling is required.