Admission Requirements For Incoming FreshMan
One goal of the honors program is to meet the challenge of all students who are motivated to achieve academically. As such, the Honors Program is open to students who have excelled in high school.
- Incoming freshman seeking admission to the Honors Program may apply for admission if they have earned an ACT composite score of 28 AND a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Admission Requirements For Transfer Students
- Transfer students must submit a transcript of all college work. Transfer students must have at least a 3.00 cumulative grade-point average and at least 15 letter graded credit hours of college-level course work to be eligible for the Honors Program.
- Students seeking a baccalaureate degree may qualify for the Honors Program.
- Students seeking an Associate degree may qualify ONLY if they have declared intent to participate in a bridge program and complete a baccalaureate degree program. Any student who does not complete the baccalaureate degree will not be able to obtain “Honors” designation on his or her transcript.
Admission Requirements For Enrolled Students
- Students are eligible to apply to the Honors Program once they have completed 15 letter graded credit hours at LSUA with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Continuing LSUA students with a cumulative 3.0 GPA may apply for entry into the program no later than the first semester of their junior year. Full completion of the program may not be possible beyond the first semester of the junior year.