The $1.2 million technology center opened in 2004 as a joint venture of LSUA, the Rapides Parish Police Jury, the Workforce Investment Board, the Rapides Finance Authority and the Louisiana Division of Administration. The building is named for Weldon A. “Bo” Nipper, whose career at the LSU Ag-Center spanned from September 1948 until his retirement in August of 1984. He was named the agricultural coordinator for LSU Alexandria in 1960 and later named professor and resident director of the Dean Lee Research Station. LSUA’s Information and Educational Technology Services are housed in the Nipper Building.
This facility is essential as a primary operations/ control center property for LSUA data communications management.