The applicant must meet the following basic requirements:
- be a full-time student
- have a minimum 2.0 grade point average
Examples of work:
Provide administrative support to Department of Nursing as needed. Serve as back up to the Administrative Assistant during lunch and absences. Front desk duties include:
- Answer phones and greet visitors.
- Sort incoming and outgoing interoffice and US Mail for the Main Office.
- Run campus errands (mail room, academic departments, etc.).
- Assist with administrative functions such as work requests.
- Provide administrative support to the Department of Nursing, which may include:
- Typing, organizing, copying, filing and distribution of various correspondence and forms as needed, and filing of confidential documents.
- Assist with registration (pulling folders, and making copies of audit forms and documentation sheets needed for notes.
- Maintain supplies for copiers, fax machines, and printers
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed
- Assist Lab Coordinator when necessary.
- Stocking Supplies
- Working in the Labs- fixing beds, and removing bed linens for wash
Have a general knowledge of word processing equipment.
If interested, please contact Dr Sarita James, 318-473-6451 or stop by the Department of Nursing.