As many Louisiana seniors are busy completing their college admission applications it is important not to forget to also talk about how to pay for college. Completing the FAFSA early is the first critical step in applying for financial assistance yet, so many students are unaware of the financial assistance options available to them, how to apply and the steps required for financial success.
You can help your college-bound seniors and their families by encouraging them to attend the FREE College Goal Sunday! This FAFSA workshop will take place on February 16, 2014 from 2-4 p.m. at LSU of Alexandria in the Brumfield Caffey Ballroom, First Floor Student Center. At the Louisiana statewide FAFSA workshop seniors and their families will receive free help from financial aid professionals to complete the online FAFSA form and get help with other financial aid related questions. Students who arrive by 2:15 p.m. and completes a FAFSA at College Goal Sunday can enter to receive a $500.00 Scholarship! Doors open at 1:30 p.m. and the program begins promptly at 2:00 p.m. Listed below are items that both Dependent and Independent students will need to bring.
Dependent students and at least one parent should attend
Independent students do not need to bring a parent
- Your, and your parent's (if applicable) Social Security Number (located on Social Security Card)
- Your Driver's License (if any)
- Your Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number (PIN) if you have applied for and received one prior to the event
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other non-citizen (if applicable)
- Your, and your parent’s W-2 Forms for 2013 and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2013 signed Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040Telfile Foreign Tax Return or tax return from Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, The U.S. Virgin Islands, The Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia
- Your Parent's 2013 signed Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student as defined above)
- Untaxed income records for 2013 - Social Security temporary assistance to needy families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
- Current bank statements (checking, savings, other)
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
For questions or to RSVP please contact LSUA Financial Aid at (318) 473-6423 or by email at email@example.com.