The public is invited to experience 4 new exhibitions on view at Alexandria Museum of Art, showing September 6 through November 23, 2013:
- "26th September Competition" The 2013 juried art exhibition presented by AMoA highlights contemporary art practices in all media created within the past two years. All artworks were selected from national and international submissions.
- "Stephen Knapp: New Light" features lightpaintings illuminated with light bulbs are installed on gallery walls and ceilings. The multi-dimensional prisms refract and reflect colored light onto the surrounding space. A special lightpainting will also be installed on the exterior of the Museum and illuminated at dark.
- "2013 Louisiana Dragon Boat Races Photo Contest Exhibition" Relive the spirit of the races through photographs selected by renowned Lafayette-based photographer Philip Gould by area photographers.
- "Louisiana''s Culinary Heritage: George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts (GRFA) 2013 Scholarship Art Contest" exhibition features works from high school juniors and seniors based on the theme “Louisiana’s Culinary Heritage,” representing our state''s unique culinary heritage while honoring its festivals, dishes and local ingredients.
- Friday, September 6, 6-8pm: Member Preview Reception and Award Ceremony with juror Stewart Nachmias
- Thursday, September 19, 6:00-6:30pm: 2013 Louisiana Dragon Boat Races Photo Contest Award Ceremony with juror Philip Gould
Museum Hours and Information
Museum Hours: Tue–Fri 10–5, Sat 10–4
FREE admission every 2nd Saturday! Regular Admission: $4 Adults, $3 Seniors/Students/Military, $2 Youth age 4-13, Free for Children 4 & under