In This Section
LSUA employs four different types of personnel on campus.
- Faculty Members - Members of the academic staff holding rank of instructor or above and equivalent ranks. Faculty may be 9 month or 12 month employees and they may teach and/or do research.
- Professional Employees - Administrative officers and professional staff that are generally exempt from the provisions of the State Civil Service System. This category is formerly referred to as Unclassified Employees.
- Classified Employees - Employees in positions covered by the provisions of Louisiana State Civil Service System.
- Other Academic Employees - Part-time members of the academic staff or full-time members of instructional or research staff below the rank of Instructor. Examples are part-time instructors, teaching or research associates, library associates, lecturers, etc.
Transient - Part-time worker for OAKSLSU Alexandria is seeking applicants for a transient position as a receptionist/office assistant to work within the OAKS housing units. This position will work Tuesday through Saturday for approximately 35 hours per week.
1. Guest check in
2. Answering phone
3. Filing various paperwork
4. Assisting RA staff with events, inspections, mail sorting/placement
5. Assist with making appointments for students to see housing manager and/or leasing agent
6. Provide tours to prospective tenants when leasing agent or RA is unavailable.
7. Other tasks as assigned by housing manager
Applicants with basic office skills, experience with the scanner/copier and basic computer skills are preferred.
Applicants should submit a letter of application and a current resume to Angie Reed at OAKS Housing Office, 8223 Acorn Drive, Alexandria, LA 71302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSUA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer